Easter is just around the corner so now is the time to prepare your vehicle for the Easter holiday after the long winter it is important that your vehicle is roadworthy and ready for the Good Friday getaway on the 30th March 2018 when up to 20 million vehicles will be on our roads.
Millions of motorists are set to take to the roads over the Bank Holiday weekend when the weather is forecast to be widespread wintry showers with some snow, regardless of whether it’s a day out with the children, or a few days unwinding – this is the ideal time to book your vehicle in with a specialist such as A1 Clutches for a service and check up.
Remember to print out tickets for flights, ferries, accommodation bookings and tourist attractions.
Before you hit the roads this Easter walk around your vehicle and look for any problems, please see below our 10 point check list:
- Check your vehicle is serviced and in good working order.
- Check all light bulbs.
- Check all your lubricant and fluid levels as these are essential for your vehicle to run efficiently.
- Check your tyre tread depth (the legal minimum tread depth is 1.6mm across the central three-quarters of the tread) and tyre pressure including the spare wheel.
- Check your battery as it will have been well used during the recent hard winter.
- Check that your driving license, breakdown and insurance, road tax and MOT are all valid.
- Plan your journey in advance to help reduce problems with road works and congestion.
- Make sure that you have plenty of entertainment on board to keep your children and passengers entertained.
- Ensure you have a first aid kit on board for any emergencies or accidents.
- Finally we all want to get to our destination as quickly as possible but please remember to take regular breaks of 10/20 minutes every 2/3 hours which will ensure you stay alert and refreshed.
The management and staff of A1 Clutches would like to wish all our customers a Happy Easter!!!